Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

Email this page
Print this page

Holy Trinity had its official beginning on October 4, 1953. The Rev. D.G. Thomas was in charge of the Mission until June, 1954. The Rev. Bruce McHenry assumed his duties in July of 1954 and left in February of 1955. The Rev. J.M. Washington came to Holy Trinity in March, 1955. Under his leadership, groundbreaking ceremonies took place for the Church’s first permanent home, at 9840 La Prada, in Dallas.

The Rev. J. Presley Pound then became Holy Trinity’s first permanent rector. He left in December, 1956, and The Rev. Lawrence Ferguson become rector. Father Ferguson resigned in 1965 and The Rev. George Gillespie came to Holy Trinity. Father Gillespie served until July of 1974, when The Rev. William Campbell became the new rector.

In 1975, the facility on La Prada was sold and the congregation moved to its present location at 3217 Guthrie Road in Garland. Father Campbell served until the fall of 1980. The Rev. Ralph McCune began his ministry at Holy Trinity on February 6, 1981 and served until his retirement in September, 2001. Fr. Ray Jennison then served as Interim Priest until January, 2003.

The Rev. Lawrence Harrison became the sixth rector in January, 2003 and served until he left the denomination in March 2007.  The Rev. Canon Paul Lambert subsequently took over as interim rector at Holy Trinity and in August of that same year, The Rev. J.D. Brown was called from a church in Louisville Kentucky to come and serve as the seventh Rector.