Our History

  • 1953 October - Holy Trinity had its official beginning. The Rev. D.G. Thomas was in charge of the Mission until June, 1954.
  • 1954 July - The Rev. Bruce McHenry assumed his duties in until February of 1955.
  • 1955 March - The Rev. J.M. Washington came to Holy Trinity. Under his leadership, groundbreaking ceremonies took place for the Church's first permanent home, at 9840 La Prada, in Dallas. 
  • The Rev. J. Presley Pound then became Holy Trinity's first permanent rector. He left in December, 1956.
  • 1956 - The Rev. Lawrence Ferguson become rector. Father Ferguson left in 1965
  • 1965 - The Rev. George Gillespie came to Holy Trinity. Father Gillespie served until July of 1974.
  • 1974 July - The Rev. William Campbell became the new rector.
  • 1975 - The facility on La Prada was sold and the congregation moved to its present location at 3217 Guthrie Road in Garland. Father Campbell served until the fall of 1980.
  • 1981 February 6 - The Rev. Ralph McCune began his ministry at Holy Trinity and served until his retirement in September, 2001.
  • 2001 January - Fr. Ray Jennison then served as Interim Priest until January, 2003.
  • 2003 January - The Rev. Lawrence Harrison became the sixth rector and served until he left the denomination in March 2007.
  • 2007 March - The Rev. Canon Paul Lambert subsequently took over as interim rector at Holy Trinity
  • 2007 August - The Rev. J.D. Brown was called from a church in Louisville Kentucky to come and serve as the seventh Rector. He retired in the spring of 2021.
  • 2021 Spring - Bishop James Stanton became interim Priest in charge during search period until February 2022.
 
Come Join Us

Sunday Service: 9:00 am
Wednesday Evening Prayer: 6:30 pm
Morning Prayer: 7:30 am Mon-Sat
(live on Facebook)

Follow Us
Find Us 

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
3217 Guthrie Rd
Garland, TX 75043

972.226.1283
church@holytrinitygarland.org